Drag and Drop in Huge IT Portfolio Gallery

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Jyscal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Drag and Drop in Huge IT Portfolio Gallery

Post by Jyscal » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:56 am

Hello.

I hope someone can help me. I seem to be having a problem ordering the items in my Huge IT Portfolio Gallery by dragging and dropping them in the admin interface. This is happening with my site that is online. My local test site, I am able to drag and drop them just fine.

The items are meant to be in a date order so this causes confusion when visitors view the site and see December ahead of September. If I have to add a new entry, I currently have to manually delete them to get them back in order. I have tried contacting Huge IT support but got no response. A friend mentioned that ot may be a permissions problem that I cannot drag and drop in the admin.

Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? I would gladly provide any further information if requested.

Thanks you for any help.
Last edited by toivo on Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to 3.x Extensions

paulala
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Drag and Drop in Huge IT Portfolio Gallery

Post by paulala » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Could you post an FPA please https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/
Warm Regards,
Paula Livingstone, Skydiving Instructor and Network Security Consultant
https://paulalivingstone.com
http://rustyice.co.uk

Jyscal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Jyscal » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:23 am

Hi.

I apologize for the late reply but I got caught up yesterday. I am at work today so will send you that by this afternoon. Thank you very much for the help!

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:58 am

Are the sites identical, in that the local one is cloned to the live server e.g. import/export the database local to live, and copy all joomla system files to the live server, or using a tool like Akeeba Backup / Kickstart?

Could you try the following:

1) clean install of Joomla 3.9.10 on your live server
2) install the extension
3) Try the drag/drop - does it work?

FPA reports of both local and live sites might help to enable comparisons of the two environments. Post the two FPA's as separate replies, and clearly indicate which is which.

However, if the site is similar copied, whether long or short method, I wouldn't have thought there'd be this sort of issue.

[Edit] Does the extension let you up load the traditional way - Browse/select file then upload? Does that result in the correct order of image by date you're expecting?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”