Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Post Reply
Fernandes_327
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by Fernandes_327 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:20 pm

Someone please help me, its not totally about Joomla, i've recently started using Joomla and im new to the programming stuff, i downloaded SP Page Builder and used it on my site, created pages and etc, and since the start i've been getting this really annoying little thing thats making me go nuts, my Page Builder keeps Saving & Closing instead of only Saving, meaning i have to re-open the page i want to edit every god damn time i save a new thing, and as you guys can guess im in localhost, which makes it even more annoying cuz its so slow, so, can someone help me fix this?

 
User avatar
toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 11918
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 am
Location: Suzhou, China

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by toivo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:12 am

The dropdown list of the free Lite version of SP Page Builder has the following options, where 'Save and Close' is the default action:
  • Save and Close
  • Save and New
  • Save and Copy
If you have a subscription, you can ask this question at the JoomShaper support forum.

Their support forum has a topic with tips how to overcome the slowness, but if your site is on localhost, they may not be applicable: https://www.joomshaper.com/forums/front ... e-solution
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Fernandes_327
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by Fernandes_327 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:26 pm

toivo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:12 am
The dropdown list of the free Lite version of SP Page Builder has the following options, where 'Save and Close' is the default action:
  • Save and Close
  • Save and New
  • Save and Copy
If you have a subscription, you can ask this question at the JoomShaper support forum.

Their support forum has a topic with tips how to overcome the slowness, but if your site is on localhost, they may not be applicable: https://www.joomshaper.com/forums/front ... e-solution
Yeah man, i tottaly understand what you just said, yet i ask you, does it have a option to only save so i dont have to keep opening the page everytime?

User avatar
bruno28
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 am
Location: Chartres, France
Contact:

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by bruno28 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Hello Fernandes_327

Do you have this :

page-builder.png

When you click on Save instead of drop-down menu does it save and close too ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cordialement, Bruno28 :)
Joomla! 3.9.15 - php 7.3
https://www.bp2i.fr/ - https://www.moneglisesurle.net/

Fernandes_327
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by Fernandes_327 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:12 pm

bruno28 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:00 pm
Hello Fernandes_327

Do you have this :


page-builder.png


When you click on Save instead of drop-down menu does it save and close too ?
Yes, thats exactly what happens, i wish i could show you a vid, but i cant, but thats what i see in my screen, and even when clicking at "Save" it Saves and Closes.

User avatar
bruno28
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 am
Location: Chartres, France
Contact:

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by bruno28 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:39 pm

What browser do you use ? Explorer, Chrome, Firefox ?

Did you tried another browser ?
Cordialement, Bruno28 :)
Joomla! 3.9.15 - php 7.3
https://www.bp2i.fr/ - https://www.moneglisesurle.net/

Fernandes_327
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by Fernandes_327 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:29 pm

I tried Mozilla and Chrome, and i use Chrome mainly, its weird, i think i might downgrade my Page Builder, the only problem is that i have a lot of content there, im affraid imma have to start all over if i downgrade it...

User avatar
toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 11918
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 am
Location: Suzhou, China

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by toivo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:29 am

Fernandes_327 wrote:i think i might downgrade my Page Builder
Are you saying that an earlier version of SP Page Builder had a Save function on its own and that it worked without closing the Page Builder page?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

User avatar
bruno28
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 am
Location: Chartres, France
Contact:

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by bruno28 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:48 am

Fernandes_327 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:29 pm
I tried Mozilla and Chrome, and i use Chrome mainly, its weird, i think i might downgrade my Page Builder, the only problem is that i have a lot of content there, im affraid imma have to start all over if i downgrade it...
Before doing this, try to contact Joomshaper on their forum : https://www.joomshaper.com/forums

Backup your site first !
Cordialement, Bruno28 :)
Joomla! 3.9.15 - php 7.3
https://www.bp2i.fr/ - https://www.moneglisesurle.net/

Fernandes_327
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by Fernandes_327 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:44 pm

toivo wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:29 am
Fernandes_327 wrote:i think i might downgrade my Page Builder
Are you saying that an earlier version of SP Page Builder had a Save function on its own and that it worked without closing the Page Builder page?
Well, my bosses Page Builder wont Save And Close, maybe its a setting, he doesnt remeber what he did, but according to him his PB never saved and closed, it only saves.

Fernandes_327
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Page Builder Saving & Closing instead of only Saving

Post by Fernandes_327 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:46 pm

bruno28 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:48 am
Fernandes_327 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:29 pm
I tried Mozilla and Chrome, and i use Chrome mainly, its weird, i think i might downgrade my Page Builder, the only problem is that i have a lot of content there, im affraid imma have to start all over if i downgrade it...
Before doing this, try to contact Joomshaper on their forum : https://www.joomshaper.com/forums

Backup your site first !
Alright, i'll try to contact them, and i backup the site everyday, thank you for the attention!!

 

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”