JComments extension Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
tintinw
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

JComments extension

Post by tintinw » Sun May 17, 2020 11:03 pm

Hi everyone. I installed this JComments extension in Joomla. So far it looks good and I think this is what I wanted.
But when I tried to write a test comment, it seems that it doesn't send. Can you please help me what to do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: JComments extension

Post by sozzled » Sun May 17, 2020 11:12 pm

JComments is a good extension for commenting articles. You need to configure the component first (it takes 10-15 minutes to do this) and you should be OK. I suggest that you obtain the "patched" version—the version that works with PHP 7.2+ and with Google reCAPTCHA—available from [incorrect link removed by author]
Last edited by sozzled on Sun May 17, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

tintinw
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by tintinw » Sun May 17, 2020 11:18 pm

@sozzled: Ok so I would have to install this zip file you sent, right?
What about the existing that I have? Do I have to uninstall it?

Btw I have seen that there are so many versions, I guess I just have to select the latest one, is this correct?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tintinw on Sun May 17, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun May 17, 2020 11:20 pm

com_jcomments-v3.0.7.5.zip. It installs over your existing JComments installation. I haven't tried this myself in a while but that's my recollection. OK?

It looks like the developer has bundled a few different versions. The earlier link I gave you included all of them. You only need one (the latest of them). Sorry for the misdirection.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

tintinw
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by tintinw » Sun May 17, 2020 11:34 pm

:) @sozzled: Thank you so much. I took the latest version, I installed it and it worked :) :)
appreciate your support and help!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”