setting up a 'team blog'

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Haentjens
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

setting up a 'team blog'

Post by Haentjens » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:28 am

L.S.,

I am looking for a blog/post/forum extension to my Joomla site to use it as a workshop follow up tool.

After each training session, I am sending "Training Triggers" (meaning: access to a registered article on my website where participants can read tips and tricks to implement in practice what we dealt with during the workshop).

On these pages, I also want to include an opportunity to post messages, e.g. for mutual Q&A. So I want to set up something you could call a teamblog.

I used JComment for this and a computer whizkid created a plugin to link the AcyMailing lists with the specific articles so that I, as an administrator, could enlist the course participants for warnings that a new post was written by one of their fellow participants (or me). JComment is not supported by Joomla any more.

So, for convenience reasons, I would like to preregister the users who get a warning when a new message is posted. Integration with AcyMailing is certainly a plus.

As the articles that I am publishing are "registered", it would be convenient to send login info along with the warning to the users that a new post has been written. So, open source is also a plus.

Are these features available in a Joomla extention?

Thank you very much for your advice,

Geert

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”