Jdownloads and Batch uploads Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
drh3rdiii
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Jdownloads and Batch uploads

Post by drh3rdiii » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:16 am

Sophomoric question, but I have been struggling with this for two days. Jdownloads. All I want to do is upload a batch of PDFs, then transfer them, move them, assign them, whatever the word for Jdownloads is… to a folder that I then add to a menu item. A couple of years ago I made this work, but for the life of me I have been searching for the simple ‘add file’, ‘batch add files’, to a Joomla 3.latest, and I have yet to find the simple instructions on how to do this.

So can anyone point to a HowTO, [youtube], whatever, on how to upload a batch of PDFs, and move them to an assigned folder so I can create a menu item that just points to the category. Simple right? Except I am stymied. Have read, searched the Jdownloads documentation and the internet and have yet to find what should be a most basic function.

Help?? I know this is like you have got to be kidding. But honestly, I do not see any documentation in Jdoownloads that points to this most fundamental function. And I have been uploading and clicking on everything under the sun to hopefully come across how to do it. Dare I say, for being powerful, the function inside Jdownloads is not intuitive. Yeah, frustrated. Especially having banged on Joomla for many years.

drh3rdiii
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Jdownloads and Batch uploads

Post by drh3rdiii » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:33 am

Or, a simpler question. What Extension, Component, Plugin... is recommended to: upload 50 .pdf and other similar filetypes, into a directory/folder, then point to the folder and have it 'display' the contents as in filenames (I do not need descriptions as the filename is the description), create a menu item and be able to display/download the file?

And, I have multiple directories with different files, themes.

What app would you use? I've been combing over all kinds of extensions, plugins, and I have not found something that is just straight forward.

tx

PS, I keep trying to click into and download upgrades to jdownloads. The links for downloading, for just jdownloads, are not answering. Makes it difficult to try and solve this with jdownloads when it doesn't answer.

drh3rdiii
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by drh3rdiii » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:17 am

Solved. Went a different direction. Sorry to say, had endless difficulties with JDownloads. Just never acted right. Oh well... went with a different component.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:12 am

I have never used JDownloads, but I know Phoca Download have this feature (Multiple Uploads). It uses the File Name as Title when importing.

drh3rdiii
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by drh3rdiii » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:21 am

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:12 am
I have never used JDownloads, but I know Phoca Download have this feature (Multiple Uploads). It uses the File Name as Title when importing.
Yes, had used Phoca in the past. So that's what I went back to. Just had JDownloads installed and, well... no sense in beating that up any more. Am a tech person and couldn't believe I had so much difficulty... oh well.

Tx for the reply.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”