Weblinks- Connect to & auto open a weblink. Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
redders47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Weblinks- Connect to & auto open a weblink.

Post by redders47 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:22 am

I am trying to use the tag system available within Weblinks to display items connected to Weblinks.

On this page:

https://victoriasforestryheritage.org.a ... rests.html

at bottom right there is a link called NF descriptions.

It opens a list of publications ( 2 only at this stage) whose weblink holds the correct tag.

Fine so far.

When I link to either of these publications I get a second popup window with the name and the url of the publication. I then have to click the link again to open the publication itself (which is held on Google Drive.)

Is there some override I can use to get the first link clicked in the first popup window to auto open the Google Drive url? ie. the user has to click only once to open the publication.

I guess really my question is - can this actually be achieved? and if so - where do I look to make a change (template override??) to make this happen.

I should say the the Weblink Category is already being used for another different purpose. I am aware I could use the Category field to do this but then I am into the game of two separate weblinks for the one item.

Shhessh - I hope this makes sense.

Any and all help appreciated - my coding skillls are limited and anything that looks like php or javascript is largely beyond me at this stage.

Richard
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to Extensions for Joomla! 3.x

redders47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Weblinks- Connect to & auto open a weblink.

Post by redders47 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 am

I have moved on from trying to solve this. The links in my original post are no longer valid

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”