3.6.4 Update Fails with Archive is corrupt Error

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 3.x on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
manofbronze
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

3.6.4 Update Fails with Archive is corrupt Error

Post by manofbronze » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Not certain this is the correct forum to post in, but since this is an update on an IIS install of Joomla, thought I would post here.

Current version is 3.6.3 and when logging intot admin, system control center shows 3.6.4 update available. When attempting to run, it errors with Archive corrupt notice. Tried numerous times, Cleared /tmp folder, rebooted system and even manually downloaded file and placed in temp folder ... no luck.

I have run numerous updates on this server over the past year with no issues ... any clues?
:'(
Thanks in advance.

apsilva
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 3.6.4 Update Fails with Archive is corrupt Error

Post by apsilva » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:49 pm

Try to download the update zip package manually and use "Upload & Update" funcionality in Joomla Update Component

manofbronze
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by manofbronze » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks for advice apsilva; unfortunately I have file uploads disabled, so this will not work. I want to keep file uploads disabled for greater security. FIle uploads have been disabled since day one and I have not experienced any problems updating with the write direct option.

I did however download the zip file and placed it in the /tmp folder. Still no luck.

My current version is 3.6.3 and the joomla update module shows version 3.6.2, even though it says all modules are up to date. Could this be an issue as well?

manofbronze
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by manofbronze » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Issue resolved.

Following apsilva's lead I TEMPORARILY enabled http file uploads and made certain the max file size was large enough to accommodate the update package.

I downloaded the update package, then ran the update using the "upload and install option" selecting the downloaded file.

Update ran successfully.

apsilva
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by apsilva » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Glab you solved it!

Return to “Joomla! 3.x on IIS webserver”