Administrator Login Error

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 3.x on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
java009
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Administrator Login Error

Post by java009 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:53 pm

I am using Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS version 8.5. I successfully Installed PHP7.2, MySQL5.7 and phpmyadmin. I already setup Joomla, and when I go to the Administrator/index.php and then login, I got 500 Internal Server error. Then I enable error notification log on IIS and got the following login error on Joomla Administrator login:

PHP Warning: session_set_save_handler(): Cannot change save handler when session is active in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\libraries\joomla\session\storage.php on line 106
PHP Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when session is active in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\libraries\src\Session\Session.php on line 807

Can someone please help me how to fix this problem? Thank You so much.
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Administration Joomla! 3.x to Joomla! 3.x on IIS webserver

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Administrator Login Error

Post by sozzled » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:54 pm

From my [very quick] search on Google, this looks like a issue arising from the version of PHP you've installed. As a test, can you try a different version of PHP (e.g. PHP 7.1.something)?

java009
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by java009 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:15 am

I tried to use different version of PHP still got the same error.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:30 am

I suggest that you use the Forum Post Assistant; perhaps there is something in that report that may help someone to advise you on what you should do next.

deathbat87
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by deathbat87 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 am

Try to change your session handler in configuration.php.
public $session_handler = 'database';
either one try to play around
public $session_handler = 'none';

bascherz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bascherz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:19 pm

I'm seeing the same two PHP Warning messages in administrator/error.log for both of my sites and I've got the session handler set to Database for both sites. Both sites are running Joomla 3.8.5 and the PHP version is 7.2. Webserver is Apache. I tried switching to PHP 7.1 and the file reappears as soon as I log into the site back end.
Bruce Scherzinger

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:45 pm

@basherz: I think your question relates to the topic insofar as you have an "error" somewhere. My question to you is simple: are you actually able to login to your administrator backend?
bascherz wrote:I'm seeing the same two PHP Warning messages in administrator/error.log ...
Warnings are not the same as errors that prevent people from logging in or using their sites. What are the details of the PHP warning messages that you see in the error log file?
bascherz wrote:I tried switching to PHP 7.1 and the file reappears as soon as I log into the site back end.
What "file" is "reappearing" and where is it "reappearing"?

bascherz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bascherz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 pm

I didn't say they were errors and I did say that they appeared in the file administrator/error.log after logging into the site back end. I was replying to the original post because I am seeing the following two warning messages in the above file. When I delete the file, it reappears when I log into the site back end, which means these warnings occur every time a back end login succeeds.

Code: Select all

PHP Warning: session_set_save_handler(): Cannot change save handler when session is active in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\libraries\joomla\session\storage.php on line 106
PHP Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when session is active in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\libraries\src\Session\Session.php on line 807
The original poster noticed this back in December 2017 but did not state which J! version, and only tried PHP 7.2. I reported J! 3.8.5 and that the file reappears even when using PHP 7.1. Sure felt like I was providing more information about the issue, which is an OBSERVATION not an ERROR. This is called community feedback. It's supposed to help the developers. I am not looking for assistance.

Bruce
Bruce Scherzinger

Return to “Joomla! 3.x on IIS webserver”