Extension installation errors - JCE and BreezingForms

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 3.x on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
waterstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Extension installation errors - JCE and BreezingForms

Post by waterstar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi I'm new to Joomla and PHP but familiar with SQL Server and asp.net. I'm working on a stand alone Windows 10 machine with IIS 10, SQL Server Express 13 and PHP 7.1.13

I've done several test Joomla installs and everything is OK until I try to install extensions.

With JCE I get:
Warning: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]There is already an object named '#__wf_profiles' in the database.
Error: Error installing package then the line:
The JCE package includes the JCE component, content, editors, extension, installer, system, and quickicon plugins.
JCE Appears in the Components Menu but when I go to the Control Panel I get: The Profiles database table does not exist or is empty - [Create / Restore]. If I choose [Create/Restore] i get an error: 2714 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]There is already an object named '#__wf_profiles' in the database.
In Global Configuration I can choose JCE as the default editor, but when I try to use it there is no tools visible.

With BreezingForms I get:
Warning: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near '`'.
Error: Error installing component then the line:
Installation successful. Next find BreezingForms in the Components menu, and finish the installation process.
But when I go to the Components Menu, BreezingForms does not exist

However with Akeeba Backup it installed with just a warning saying: JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist C:\inetpub\wwwroot\joomla\tmp\install_5a6e2cce5e83d\install_5a6e2cd0d3763\media\fonts

Some advice pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
Cheers John

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Extension installation errors - JCE and BreezingForms

Post by gws » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:54 am

Support for Ms DB is about to be dropped from joomla. I would suggest that you install a MAMP system on your win10 and use that it will greatly simplify running Joomla on Ms. An example of a MAMP can be seen here. https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html

waterstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by waterstar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 am

Hi - Thanks for the tip. I'm currently installing mySQL to see if that improves things, but will certainly look at a MAMP

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Wampserver is another option for Windows and it allows you to install more than one version of PHP. It is available from http://www.wampserver.com/en and it has good tutorials in its support forum.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Joomla! 3.x on IIS webserver”