Error message Failed to start application:

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 3.x on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
galaxie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error message Failed to start application:

Post by galaxie » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:50 pm

Hi

I'm trying to create a new website (www.ufit360.ch) using another one as a base (www.imove-fit.ch). I'm sorry if my method was stupid but here is what I did:

- copy-paste the FTP files in the new directory
- export - import the database in the new database
(after this step the website and admin side was working ok on the new domain name)
- modify the configuration.php with new database name, user/password, database host and the /logs and /tmp paths

Now I get this error message:

Error: Failed to start application: Table 'ftan_ufit360.#__session' doesn't exist

What should I do next?

Thanks for your help

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Error message Failed to start application:

Post by AMurray » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:30 am

Seems your import/export didn't include the session table referred to in the error.

Your first attempt seems correct....also documented in the below documentation (copying a joomla website), perhaps review that information for anything you may have overlooked. One thing you didn't mention doing - did you change the database table prefix (when you did the import to new database. (It's not necessary, but just asking))? If the prefix was changed, did you update that info in the configuration.php file?

Perhaps try again with the copying of site but use Akeeba Backup and Kickstart this time, as per this documentation: https://docs.joomla.org/Copying_a_Joomla_website.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

galaxie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Error message Failed to start application:

Post by galaxie » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:04 am

Thanks, i modified the db prefix and I think it's ok but now I get another error message:

Error: Impossible finding "ja_mero". template.

I don't understand because on this website this template is not used...

Return to “Joomla! 3.x on IIS webserver”