Restricting access to a single component

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
gofer123
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Restricting access to a single component

Post by gofer123 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi folks,
Having a problem with this, have read several posts on the web, followed their instructions but not working correctly.
My client has a online learning site with modules and quizzes, we want to give access to the employer so they can view the student's quiz results, I would prefer the viewing the results on the front end rather than going through the back end, could someone help with a step by step instructions please.
Thanks in advance
Cheers

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Restricting access to a single component

Post by AMurray » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 pm

I assume (if the component lets you), you would create a menu item to the "results" page and set it to "registered" so the people needing to view it log in to do so.

However that would depend on the component letting you create a menu item for the front end viewing of the results and it may not do. Suggest you approach the author of the component if there is no "results view" option in the menu item type listing when you create the menu. It might be an enhancement they need to add, or can customise for you.

I can't be more helpful since you haven't given any detail of the actual component you're using. I would also suggest you read the documentation for it, or ask the component developer for support.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

gofer123
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Restricting access to a single component

Post by gofer123 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks for the reply AMurray,
The component is Quiz Deluxe and does allow creation of a menu item: "Standard Quiz Results Layout" but I'm not sure what access group I should select. Also what would the settings when creating a new user to view these quiz results?
Cheers

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”