I Seem To Have Blocked My Content Topic is solved

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Newman123
I've been banned!

I Seem To Have Blocked My Content

Post by Newman123 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Greetings all, I seem to have blocked some of my content from being accessed, I keep getting 403 errors when I try to access my podcasts from their tags, but from the main list on the homepage, they play perfectly haha..

http://reprieveoutput.freecluster.eu/in ... ic-content

I reckon it's permissions, but I can't seem to work out how to alter it, I can find permissions to edit stuff, but not to specify who can view stuff, as opposed to edit..

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance..

Paul

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: I Seem To Have Blocked My Content

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 pm

It appears that you do not have a Menu Item.

Newman123
I've been banned!

Post by Newman123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:It appears that you do not have a Menu Item.
afternoon per, yeh I've hidden it lol, it sometimes displays a radio module when I am streaming, but yeh It's meant to be a list of my content, and nothing else..

there are no articles, I have tagged every single podcast, could that be why they are not displaying, I thought that if people just clicked on the tags, it would play the mp3 like it did from the homepage, but it won't.. Thinking about it, that could be why as well, ideally, clicking on the tag would just start the mp3, not return the error message.. But the more I think about it, it could be that there are no articles, just podcasts.. I'm using the excellent free package, Podcast Manager, if that helps.. Thanks yeh, much appreciated..

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Your url contains 'component' which only exists in url without a menu item. It shoud instead contain the alias of the menu item.

Newman123
I've been banned!

Post by Newman123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:Your url contains 'component' which only exists in url without a menu item. It shoud instead contain the alias of the menu item.
I dunno, I may just disable it, as the audio plays fine if the link on the left hand side of the page works, but if they search by tags, it doesn;t play, makes no sense, I wouldn't have a clue how to change the link, it would be easier just to remove it.. I may even have a look at other free podcast modules, I could do with something that looks a bit better, the list does the job, but it's a bit long, I don't think I'm usung it properly to be honest.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Newman123
I've been banned!

Post by Newman123 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:02 am

I do have a menu item, it is a featured articles, but I have no articles, no categories, nothing, I have tagged my podcasts, the actual MP3 files, not the articles..

Newman123
I've been banned!

Post by Newman123 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:15 pm

Wow, six days and no support whatsoever, thank the lord I am not paying for such poor support... Thanks a lot pfft...

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:23 am

Newman123 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:15 pm
Wow, six days and no support whatsoever, thank the lord I am not paying for such poor support
Well you can always consider to connect with a professional service provider if you are not happy with the answers you get on the forums...

But Per gave you a clear answer...
Your url contains 'component' which only exists in url without a menu item. It should instead contain the alias of the menu item.
which simply means that you need to create for instance a hidden menu item and tag that item and your issue is resolved as Per indicated

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”