Joomla Core Update not showing for a new user group

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
WADAEC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla Core Update not showing for a new user group

Post by WADAEC » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:28 am

Hello, I have been using Joomla for over 10 years so I am no newbie BUT today I have hit an odd one.

I have created a new user group for a client so that I could restrict certain bits until they get their head around it.

I have enabled permissions for several components, extensions etc etc and the Joomla Core Update all permissions are allowed for the user BUT upon them Logining in, this option does not show :eek: - why?

Could someone tell me if this is a bug please I am using 3.9.2 Joomla version and like I say I have followed the same path for other extensions which are working fine just not the core update.

Thank you very much in advance

Debs :D

posurreal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla Core Update not showing for a new user group

Post by posurreal » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi Debs,

Nice to know you are a fan of Joomla! Every once in a while, when I add a user group, I forget to go into Access Levels and be sure it's set there too.

WADAEC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by WADAEC » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 am

Hi there, I have amended the access levels on the Joomla Core Update set to allowed on ALL options but upon the clients login the Joomla Core does not show - I am baffeled :(

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Is the new user group on its own without a parent group or is it under Administrator?

Even if the Joomla! Update item is not shown in the back end menu, what happens if you browse to the URL http://example.com/administrator/index. ... omlaupdate, where example.com is the domain name of your site?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

WADAEC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by WADAEC » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:36 am

OK so if I follow that link then you can find the update but I want the client, if the update is available to be able to see it and click on it to run it.

Why is it not showing?

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”