How to assign a user to be able multiple articles

Moderators: mandville, PhilD, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
spjones1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to assign a user to be able multiple articles

Post by spjones1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:08 pm

I have about 20 articles that I want to assign to one user the rights to edit, what is the easiest way to do this? I have tried a bunch of different ways, but no luck.

Thanks

-Steve
Last edited by imanickam on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Administration Joomla! 3.x to Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: How to assign a user to be able [to edit] multiple articles

Post by sozzled » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:15 pm

spjones1 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:08 pm
I have about 20 articles that I want to assign to one user the rights to edit, what is the easiest way to do this? I have tried a bunch of different ways, but no luck.
Normally you don't assign a single user to have certain rights (even though you can do it). Normally we assign roles—that is, the ability to perform certain actions—to objects (such as articles) and then assign users to those roles. It's possible to create a role to work with certain objects and then assign a single user to that role, if that's what you want to do.

I have a question for you. When you write that you've "tried a bunch of different ways", what ways have you tried? ???

Suggest that you read about role-based ACLs in the J! documentation.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”