Individual Articles available to individual user on a large scale

Moderators: mandville, PhilD, General Support Moderators, mandville, PhilD, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Graemezee
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Individual Articles available to individual user on a large scale

Post by Graemezee » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:24 pm

I am trying to get my head around an ACL problem and I am unsure if it will work or is even possible Can anyone suggest a way forward.
I have 142 Article which will increase by 4 a year.
I have around 3000 Subscribers I need the new articles to be available to those subscribers, but it is important they can only see the articles covered during their subscription I would like to be able to sell access to the back issues which then can be added to their account.

I keep thinking I have a solution and the find out my understanding of Joomla's ACL system is flawed

Is this possible with Joomla's ACL or will it require bespoke programming

Graemezee
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Individual Articles available to individual user on a large scale

Post by Graemezee » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:42 pm

Is it possible to set up a nested group structure so that any subscribers to that first group gets automatic access to the children of group?

After some time, new subscribers would be assigned to a child of that group so new subscribers would only get the articles in the child group but exiting and renewing subscribers would stay in their original group and would have access to the articles in any child of that group

I could organise the groups in sets of 10 articles which would allow me to sell back issues access in groups of 10 or a larger fee for access to all articles. This would work for new subscribers and anyone wanting access to everything but might want a bespoke solution for someone who wanted to pick and choose groups ie that were not sequential.

Does this sound feasible

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Individual Articles available to individual user on a large scale

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 am

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”