Category specific ‘Edit State’ permission does not work when 'Start Publishing' option is set

Moderators: mandville, PhilD, General Support Moderators, mandville, PhilD, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
rikao
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Category specific ‘Edit State’ permission does not work when 'Start Publishing' option is set

Post by rikao » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:18 am

Hello, I’d like to ask for your help to solve ‘Edit State’ permission and 'Start Publishing' option problem.

What I want to achieve:

- Frontend usergroup-A needs to be able to Edit and Publish OWN Articles only in SPECIFIC CATEGORY.
- They should not be able to edit or publish articles created by others in other categories.
- They should not be able to see UNPUBLISHED Articles created by others in other categories.

Current Permission Configuration for the usergroup-A:

- Global Configuration > Permissions:
--- Edit State: Inherited (Not Allowed)
--- Edit Own: Allowed

- Global Article Options > Permission:
--- Edit State: Inherited (Not Allowed)
--- Edit Own: Inherited (Allowed)

- Specific Allowed Category:
--- Edit State: Allowed

This category permission overrides allows them to edit/publish their own articles in this specific category.

The problem I’m facing:

With above configuration, however, once they set future date in “START PUBLISHING” option and save the article, that article becomes not visible to them anymore.
This is problem because the scheduled article disappears from the frontend, and even article owner lose access and never be able to see, edit or change the publishing date anymore.

If modify the Permission of Global Article Options as below:
--- Edit State: Allowed
Then, the user can access the scheduled publishing articles and edit without problem.

However, now they can see the Unpublished Articles created by other users in all categories. This is problem.

How should I configure to allow them to access scheduled articles?
Or is this a bug?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,

Rikao

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”