Help with Who can view menu items Topic is solved

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Kenny_Robb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help with Who can view menu items

Post by Kenny_Robb » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi, I would like to be able to do the following but I am struggling to make it work.

I have two types of users Ordinary users and "special users" who are responsible for certain bits if the site.

I have set up the Ordinary users as registered and have menu items they can see.
I want to setup the special users with a different set of menu items but because I set their group up as a subset of registered users they get all the menu items for the ordinary users as well, Is there any way to set this up so Ordinary users get one set of menu items and "special users" get a different set.
I set up a group for the special users as a subset of registered and set up a viewing group and have added the users and set that as the group for the menu items.
Any help would be appreciated

Kenny

Kenny_Robb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Help with Who can view menu items

Post by Kenny_Robb » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:57 pm

OK I figured it out after a bit of head scratching.
I created another sub group from registered and used that to assign menu items. Now everyone has the menu items they want.

Kenny

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”