Individual user fine grained ACL in Joomla

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Individual user fine grained ACL in Joomla

Post by darb » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:20 am

As discussed here 2018 by alexandreelise viewtopic.php?f=719&t=966208&p=3543240#p3543240

I can think of that you do similar structure solutions top level as you do for permissions ACLs for components but then also extend it in similar way for users with higher priority.

What you think is that doable that all users also have an inherited ACL permissions level with highest priority rules?

-----------------------------------------
alexandreelise Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:14 pm Contact: Contact alexandreelise

Individual user fine grained ACL in Joomla! 3.x

Unread post by alexandreelise » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:41 pm
Hello forum members,

I was wondering if it was possible in Joomla! 3.x to have permissions down to individual user level.

Eg:
user A can see item X but not user B even if user B is in the same group or have the same access level.

or

user A can do something on item X but not user B even if user B is in the same group or have the same access level.

In essence, I am asking if there is a way to separate ACL down to individual user via some kind of programming in php in Joomla! 3.x

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks for your time

webiedesign
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Individual user fine grained ACL in Joomla

Post by webiedesign » Sun May 16, 2021 5:22 pm

I think it might depend on what "item" is. I set up user profile fields that were specific to each user that only they could see when logged in and looking at their profile. Maybe that will work for your situation ?

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”