Backend User restriction based on language by group

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Dangerous Boy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Backend User restriction based on language by group

Post by Dangerous Boy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Hello,
I have a question/help,
How can I restrict a user/group to create/read/update/delete(crud) only to certain items based on language.

Say I create a group named US, when this use enters to "Categories" that user/group can only see or edit or create all that is based on en_US language.
If i create another group for IT same rule should apply but for it_IT language...
is this something Joomla has out of the box or is something I can do like "pre-select" certain action using JavaScript based on user group/language inside the administrator template?...
Nothing for the moment....

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Backend User restriction based on language by group

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Mod. Note: Relocated the topic to the ACL Forum.

You cannot set permission based on language. With a correct configured Multi Language Site, the top level categories shall be the content languages. Set the permission for the groups US and IT to the US and IT categories.

Dangerous Boy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Backend User restriction based on language by group

Post by Dangerous Boy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:40 pm

Hello @Per Yngve Berg, thank you for moving my post I wasn't sure where to put it.

Regarding this, I followed it and surprisingly works pretty well, it would be nice to have a feature like this without the hustle of making changes for every category, module or content, currently I'm using 10 languages but I have another project that is using 39 languages, example for English there is only 3 US , GB and INT(for international) then we have the ES community and here is the jaw dropper, since we have ES for MX, CO, PR, GT, SV, NI... and bunch more all Spanish and that is the problem when working with a multi-language + multi-country website.

I haven't use third party software such as components, modules or plugins, everything is pure Joomla!, of curse a few overrides here and there but other than that is just Joomla! at its best
Nothing for the moment....

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”