Free slideshow / carosuel with text and links (not just images) needed for site with AdsManager classified ads

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
adams1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Free slideshow / carosuel with text and links (not just images) needed for site with AdsManager classified ads

Postby adams1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Can you recommend me slideshow / carosuel-s itself or just ideas for Joomla 3.8.x site with AdsManager classified ads?

I'm thinking of either a free extension or just a simple JavaScript slideshow.

It should show data from AdsManager ads where images, text(s) and links would be picked from the AdsManager's content database.

If it's only a JS slideshow I would create or modify the PHP code to serve these data.
Last edited by toivo on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x Coding

mjparadac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Free slideshow / carosuel with text and links (not just images) needed for site with AdsManager classified ads

Postby mjparadac » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello adams1

You could try with DJ-ImageSlider
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/dj-imageslider/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joomla Community Ambassador for A2 Hosting | A2 Hosting - Our speed, your success | https://www.a2hosting.com/joomla-hosting

adams1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Free slideshow / carosuel with text and links (not just images) needed for site with AdsManager classified ads

Postby adams1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:50 pm

mjparadac wrote:Hello adams1

You could try with DJ-ImageSlider
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/dj-imageslider/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

I think I've already tried it, but did not work. Is it possible to get data (text(s) and link) from the classified ads' ads table and also images from specific folders with this extension?

And is it possible to get these data by specific information (for example by number of views) from the database (where the specific information is also stored in the database, so the number of views) and set these to the slideshow?

Thanks!

adams1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby adams1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:12 am

Hi! Is it possible with DJ ImageSlider to generate the slideshow dynamically based on some values (fields) of a classifed ads extension's table (and also by those values different images would be loaded into the slideshow, from a specific directory)?
For example I want the 5 most popular products appear in the slideshow (the proper text from the table, the proper images from a directory), but of course not always the same products get the most hits.
If DJ ImageSlider is inappropriate, are there other extensions proper to this problem, or should it be programmed individually?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”