search plugin security

For Joomla! 3.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
farrokh62
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

search plugin security

Post by farrokh62 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 pm

I would like to design a search plugin with a special algorithm so that it can searches from external database. Due to being unfamiliar with Joomla programming, I decided to write my own PHP script inside onContentSearch() function. This PHP script fetched information from database and directly print the results to page without returning the results to search component. My question, can this method rise a security problem? thanks.
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum Joomla! 3.x Coding

farrokh62
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

search component/plugin in joomla

Post by farrokh62 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:03 pm

I am new to joomla! and would like to design a custom search plugin to search through my database. I know that when using the default search, the onContentSearch() function is triggered and "search keywords" will be sent to the above function rather than all of input string in search field. For example, if we want to search the term This is a book, then two keywords: This and book will be sent to onContentSearch(). In my customize search plugin, I want to send all of words (i.e. This, is, a, book) in term This is a book to onContentSearch(). How can I do it?
Last edited by toivo on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: merged with earlier post, cross posting not allowed

farrokh62
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

search plugins run cimultaneously or consecutively

Post by farrokh62 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:52 pm

I have a giant database and need to search through it very fast. Now, I want to know, do the search plugins in Jooml (i.e. category plugin, content plugin, tag plugin ans so on) work simultaneously or consecutively? If those work simultaneously, can i write several plugins so that each of them can search in one table? In this case, I will get faster search and save searching time.
Last edited by toivo on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: merged

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Coding”