joomla shortcode showing when lots of characters to parse

For Joomla! 3.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
liklein
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

joomla shortcode showing when lots of characters to parse

Post by liklein » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:01 pm

I'm completely stuck for a few weeks now. I've created a Joomla site which shows some extensive lists in a grid and on another page an image in a grid.

These grids are filled by using php data from an array which is filled by calling an API with curl and by a query to a local db table.

On my first server when there was a large number of records in the array, the [grid] [/grid] shortcodes wouldn't be interpreted as such and got shown on the html, not applying the right styles to the items in the list. This got resolved when I chunked the arrays to contain a max of 20 items.
Unfortunately on this server I can't connect to my other datasource because I can't install the necessary drivers and libraries so I needed another server.

So I backedup my entire site and database to another server. But then the issue returned and became even worse. I managed to get my lists working again by chunking the arrays to contain max 4 items. Unfortunately, this can't be done for my other page where my grid contains an image that is build using the base64 string. I need this image to be shown and the page to have the mark-up as designed.

It seems to me like some setting on the server is making it impossible to parse a lot of characters in between the [grid] [/grid], but after researching many server setups and the php.ini I'm still stuck.

Can somebody please help me?

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: joomla shortcode showing when lots of characters to parse

Post by waarnemer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:00 am

You may want to check your query. It seems to me there is some heavy workload on the db.
Storing images in base64 in your database is not going to make it any faster also.

You may want to enable caching of your pages.

https://docs.joomla.org/Cache

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Coding”