3.10 pre-update check? Topic is solved

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
mikerotec
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

3.10 pre-update check?

Post by mikerotec » Wed May 05, 2021 11:02 pm

How to find/run this thing? Does it exist yet??

https://docs.joomla.org/Pre-Update_Check

running Joomla! 3.10.0-alpha5 on our DEV server (and everything seems to work ok...)

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: 3.10 pre-update check?

Post by AMurray » Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 am

It should just work there's nothing you have to "turn on".

Make sure Joomla is checking the correct "update" channel - for 3.10-alpha-5 to 4.0-beta-8 it should be the "Test" channel but you can also try the custom update URL: https://update.joomla.org/core/nightlie ... r_list.xml (set this in the Joomla Update Options).

When you 'check for updates' in J3.10, it should first run the update/compatibility checker and list everything that will work with J4, and also lists those not yet compatible, or require updates/new versions.

I would suppose, that even if you were to manually do the update through "upload and update" section of Joomla Update component, it should still launch the compatibility checker and do its checks first - I assume it won't proceed at all unless absolutely everything has (so to speak) a 'green light'.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

mikerotec
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 3.10 pre-update check?

Post by mikerotec » Thu May 06, 2021 3:31 pm

Thanks!
"Joomla Update | Check for Updates" did activate it - after I pressed the 'Check For Updates' button! (It didn't run just choosing Joomla update.) Actually, I was expecting a new menu item...

Nice to see some twenty of the items we currently use are already marked as compatible :)

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”