Joomla executing non existent PHP scripts!!

For Joomla! 3.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
murugappan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla executing non existent PHP scripts!!

Post by murugappan » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:12 am

Hi,

I am using Joomla 3.9.27 on Linux server using PHP 7.3 and Mysql 5.7. I am now encountering a problem in which Joomla seems to be executing a script that no longer exists. This is the detail description:

(1) I revised the default.php in components->com_wrapper->views->wrapper->tmpl to append the some user details in the URL being generated for the wrapper in the older version of Joomla 3.9.11.
(2) The revised code was executing fine and URL passed the addition information.
(3) I upgraded gradually until the version 3.9.27.
(4) Now i needed to add some extra info in the same the URL and I revised default.php and uploaded replacing the older version of the script.
(5) When i tested the site again, Joomla was still executing the old default.php code.
(6) I restored the original Joomla 3.9.27 version of the script and yet Joomla seems to executing the old code.
(7) I tried restoring in different servers but Joomla still executes the old code.

I am puzzled and worried as Joomla keeps executing the old code. Please help!!!
Last edited by toivo on Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x Administration

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla executing non existent PHP scripts!!

Post by toivo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:27 am

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

Are you sure only the file tmpl/default.php was modified? The URL for the iframe is set in view.html.php.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Coding”