User Profile Plugin fields don't display in Admin form

Did you find a bug in Joomla! 3.x but aren't sure? This forum is the place to help figure out if the problem is a bug and how to report it. If you are an experienced Joomla! user and are certain that you have found a bug please use the Bug Tracker to submit your issue.
This forum is for discussion about bugs and to get help with reporting them to the Bug Tracker: https://issues.joomla.org

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
MonkeyT
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

User Profile Plugin fields don't display in Admin form

Post by MonkeyT » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:47 am

I installed 3.0, and activated the User Profile plugin. On the Edit User page within the admin, the tabs are not identified properly for tabbing to work correctly: the newly added tab-pane which contains the Plugin's additional fields is ID'd as "settings" (same as the third tab-pane) instead of getting a unique name. As a result, the third and fourth tabs both display the third tab-pane.

Modifying the ID value and associated anchor href value in the tabs themselves displayed the Profile fields properly.

I made a minor alterations in /administrator/components/com_users/views/user/tmpl/edit.php to get the behavior I think it should have.

I changed line 48 to correct the tab and line 76 to change the tab-pane. In both places I replaced the word settings with the variable $fieldset->name.

It works for me, but I don't know if that is the correction the product developers need to make to maintain compatibility with other similar situations in the codebase.

oslicku
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: User Profile Plugin fields don't display in Admin form

Post by oslicku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi MonkeyT,

I can confirm this as the same thing happens for me and that the fix you noted below does work.

Did you raise a ticket for this in the bug tracker?

Thanks!

P.S. I added a template override to the isis template html folder rather than modify the core template file.

MonkeyT
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MonkeyT » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:08 pm

oslicku wrote:Hi MonkeyT,

I can confirm this as the same thing happens for me and that the fix you noted below does work.

Did you raise a ticket for this in the bug tracker?

At the time i wrote that, the bug tracker for 3.0 hadn't been instituted yet. Regardless, I wanted to mention it in a forum first because I wasn't sure if there were other widgets in the back end that relied upon the name I changed - not too familiar with the javascript libraries the back end uses.

I'll dig into it as soon as I can get free from work.

tsvetnoff
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tsvetnoff » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 am

Sorry for my incompetence. I have similar problem. :( I didn't understand what meens "...variable $fieldset->name"? Tried to paste different variations in line 48 and 76, but have no results. Pls, explain more simple what I must to paste instead ??????????!

Code: Select all

<li><a href="??????????" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo JText::_($fieldset->label);?></a></li>
and

Code: Select all

<div class="tab-pane" id="??????????">

oslicku
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by oslicku » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:43 pm

No worries.

To work around this I added a copy of the edit.php to my isis template here:

administrator/templates/isis/html/com_users/user

You may need to create the com_users and user directory. This means that you won't overwrite this change later.

Then in edit.php

administrator/templates/isis/html/com_users/user/edit.php

change line 48 to read

<li><a href="#<?php echo $fieldset->name; ?>" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo JText::_($fieldset->label);?></a></li>

and the other line to read

<div class="tab-pane" id="<?php echo $fieldset->name; ?>">

Works for me!

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Bug Reporting”