PHP Warning: mysqli::stat(): Couldn't fetch mysqli

Did you find a bug in Joomla! 3.x but aren't sure? This forum is the place to help figure out if the problem is a bug and how to report it. If you are an experienced Joomla! user and are certain that you have found a bug please use the Bug Tracker to submit your issue.
This forum is for discussion about bugs and to get help with reporting them to the Bug Tracker: https://issues.joomla.org

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
juanm_la22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

PHP Warning: mysqli::stat(): Couldn't fetch mysqli

Post by juanm_la22 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi guys, before start i must to say that im not sure if this is a bug or something wrong on my production server's configuration, but i am trying to figure it out.

The thing is that i am getting this warnings all the time on my php's error log:

[Wed Mar 22 13:31:35.159883 2017] [:error] [pid 10447] [client 163.172.65.66:27900] PHP Warning: mysqli::stat(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/www/todoboda.com/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 219
[Wed Mar 22 13:31:35.159913 2017] [:error] [pid 10447] [client 163.172.65.66:27900] PHP Warning: mysqli_close(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/www/todoboda.com/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 226

Always appears on that pair from line 219 and 226, and always on that order. Most of the time appears when something from Jomsocial is executed , but not always.

What i am not sure is why this is appearing on logs. The most noisy thing is that this not happen on my testing server (a vm with same OS (debian jessie) and same php and mysql versions).

Something that is freaking out me is Jomsocial. Sorry to the fans, but i think that jomsocial's developers did a lot of bad things... like their own cache if system's cache is enable. I have a lot of problems with that.

Well i hope someone can throw some light on this.

Thanks in advance and as always, sorry for my poor english.
Juan Manuel

juanm_la22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: PHP Warning: mysqli::stat(): Couldn't fetch mysqli

Post by juanm_la22 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:14 am

Nobody?

Please!

Regards!

xiphias
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xiphias » Sat May 06, 2017 12:23 pm

A month later and still no answer. Nice. Still have the same problem. Still no fix. :'(

stathopkostas
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by stathopkostas » Fri May 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Same problem with all of my Joomla+k2 sites when session handler is set to php (when is set to database all warnings stops)
viewtopic.php?f=706&t=950809

jcstauring
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jcstauring » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:55 pm

The solution is here simply delete the file noted on the link:
https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/9511

javicuse
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by javicuse » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi there, I also have the problem with these errors on 2 of my production websites, both hosted on A2 Hosting, one on Apache and the other one on Turbo hosting.

It is also always the same set of 2 errors, and on the same lines. Change in the way sessions are handled is not doing anything, nor is the change in length of a session.
Deletion of one, or all mysql update files in admin section also don't change anything.

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Bug Reporting”