0 - Call to undefined method JEventDispatcher::getContent() when editing article from front-end

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
stawebnice
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

0 - Call to undefined method JEventDispatcher::getContent() when editing article from front-end

Post by stawebnice » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi,

with Joomla 3.8.11 and 3.8.12 we are not able to access edit form of article after logging in from front-end. Tested on two different websites with different editors (tiny mce and jce even without editor).

I get this error from fatal catcher

Your site caused a blank screen upon a visit of this URL:

https://www.berlitzpraha.cz:443/index.p ... ov&lang=cs

Error message data:
1 Call to undefined method JEventDispatcher::getContent() in file: /data/web/virtuals/60110/virtual/www/domains/berlitzpraha.cz/plugins/editors-xtd/readmore/readmore.php line: 44

when I disable plugin editor read more, the problem is solved (but then we cannot use read more button in articles)

pmleconte
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: 0 - Call to undefined method JEventDispatcher::getContent() when editing article from front-end

Post by pmleconte » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi,

That's strange because plugins/editors-xtd/readmore/readmode.php file does not contain any call to JEventDispatcher.

Line 44 contains $this->_subject->getContent($name), which means $this->_subject is a JEventDispatcher class.

Try to update your website again : go to Components, Joomla Update, click on "Check for update" button and you should see "Reinstall Joomla Core Files".

Pascal
If anything can go wrong, it will.
https://www.conseilgouz.com/en

pmleconte
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: 0 - Call to undefined method JEventDispatcher::getContent() when editing article from front-end

Post by pmleconte » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi,

Just tried using JCE (2.6.32) in FrontEnd editing, no problem found.

Maybe related to your template ?

Pascal
If anything can go wrong, it will.
https://www.conseilgouz.com/en

nahagel
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nahagel » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:03 pm

According to
https://forum.joomla.de/thread/6261-kei ... 3%B6glich/

problem on my site was similar:
module Perfect Everything in Everyway

htmgarcia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by htmgarcia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi stawebnice,
instead of disabling the read more plugin (is a core extension), please try to disable one third party extension at the time.

This will help to catch the extension that is causing the issue in first place.
stawebnice wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:11 pm
Hi,

with Joomla 3.8.11 and 3.8.12 we are not able to access edit form of article after logging in from front-end. Tested on two different websites with different editors (tiny mce and jce even without editor).

I get this error from fatal catcher

Your site caused a blank screen upon a visit of this URL:

https://www.berlitzpraha.cz:443/index.p ... ov&lang=cs

Error message data:
1 Call to undefined method JEventDispatcher::getContent() in file: /data/web/virtuals/60110/virtual/www/domains/berlitzpraha.cz/plugins/editors-xtd/readmore/readmore.php line: 44

when I disable plugin editor read more, the problem is solved (but then we cannot use read more button in articles)

al_ping
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by al_ping » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:39 am

Hi,

I have also been receiving this error when editing articles using the front end editor.

From my test it appears this occurs when the onDisplay event is triggered by a module, such as the below.

Code: Select all

$recaptcha = $dispatcher->trigger('onDisplay', array(null, 'dynamic_recaptcha_1', 'class=""'));

ShibumiDesign
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShibumiDesign » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:52 am

I have discovered that Perfect Web's Perfect Everything in Everyway (ver 2.0.13) module is the culprit on sites that I have it running on... disabling the module "Perfect Everything in Everyway" in the Extensions => Manage => Modules solved the problem for me... Hope this helps.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”