Cannot privates message since version 3.9.1

Did you find a bug in Joomla! 3.x but aren't sure? This forum is the place to help figure out if the problem is a bug and how to report it. If you are an experienced Joomla! user and are certain that you have found a bug please use the Bug Tracker to submit your issue.
This forum is for discussion about bugs and to get help with reporting them to the Bug Tracker: https://issues.joomla.org

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
guillenphoto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Cannot privates message since version 3.9.1

Post by guillenphoto » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello,

I cannot delete or mark read private messages since Joomla 3.9.1.
It works well in Joomla 3.9.

Is it a bug or something else?

Thanks for your help
Regards

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Cannot privates message since version 3.9.1

Post by toivo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Do you mean the back end function Components - Messaging - New Private Message?

Can you please describe in more detail, what happens when you try to use this function and if you see any error messages on the web page or in the PHP error log. Screenshots could also be useful.

Can you also please post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions from viewtopic.php?f=714&t=793531, so that others can review the configuration of your website.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

guillenphoto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by guillenphoto » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Thank you for reply.

I am talking about the Private Messages accessible thru "messages" at the bottom of the administration of my website.

When I select a message and if I click the trash button, nothing happens. Same if I try to mark read.

Where can I find the PHP log error?

Sincerely

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Those messages shown at the bottom of the admin page were sent through Components - Messaging.

You seem to have found a bug. Only reading the message marks it as read. The available selections to trash or marking a message as read or unread, do not have any effect. Please report this behaviour in the Issue Tracker at https://issues.joomla.org/

When I attempted the operations, Joomla displayed only normal messages like "0 messages trashed" or "0 messages marked as unread" but no errors. The javascript console showed the following warnings, which may explain the issue:

Code: Select all

VM1395 core.js:1 window.listItemTask() is deprecated use Joomla.listItemTask() instead
window.listItemTask @ VM1395 core.js:1
onclick @ index.php?option=com_messages:657
VM1395 core.js:1 window.submitform() is deprecated use Joomla.submitform() instead
The PHP error log can usually be accessed from the cPanel of the host but in this test it did not receive new messages.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

guillenphoto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by guillenphoto » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:29 am

Thank you very much for your help.
I report the bug as you explained.

Thanks for all
Sincerely

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Bug Reporting”