Extensions: Warnings

Para cualquier duda sobre Joomla! 3.x que no tenga cabida en alguno de los foros de más abajo.

Moderator: hefesto

web_sea+]
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Extensions: Warnings

Post by web_sea+] » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Hola, revisando las alertas de Joomla 3.7.4 encontré alguno WARNINGS por lo que pido su orientación para eliminar éstos ya que están creando unos conflictos:

1.- The PHP temporary folder is not set

The PHP temporary folder is the folder that PHP uses to store an uploaded file before Joomla can access this file. Whilst the folder not being set isn't always a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the issue.

2.- The Joomla temporary folder is not writable or does not exist.

The Joomla temporary folder is not writeable by the Joomla instance, or may not exist, which may cause issues when attempting to upload extensions to Joomla. If you are having issues uploading extensions, make sure the folder defined in your configuration.php exists or check the './tmp' and set it to be writeable and see if this fixes the issue

3.- Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).

The maximum file size for uploads is set to less than 8MB which may impact on uploading large packages.

Gracias.

Sean Clement
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Extensions: Warnings

Post by Sean Clement » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi web_sea+],

Point 1 - I'm going to skip over this one as all the sites that I manage, it has never been an issue and once point 2 (and point 3 in some situations) has been addressed, uploading new third party extensions should work as intended.

Point 2 - There is a 'tmp' folder which is located in the root of your website (the same location as the 'configuration.php' file and the 'administrator' folder) - the permissions for this folder should be '755'. Once the permissions have been changed on the 'tmp' folder, this warning should go.

Point 3 - This warning would only relate to third party extensions that you try to install into your website that are greater than 8Mb is size so until that point, it's not really an issue. There's not many third party extensions that will be greater than 8MB but if you happen to attempt to install one, you will need to create a 'php.ini' file in the root of your website (same location as the 'configuration.php' file) with the following lines.

upload_max_filesize = xM
post_max_size settings = xM

You will need to change the 'x' to a real value which should be greater than the size of the archive that you are trying to install.

For example if I were to install an extension that was 12MB in size, I would need to use the below lines in a 'php.ini' file in order for me to upload the extension (always go a couple of MB higher than the archive size).

upload_max_filesize = 15M
post_max_size settings = 15M

Best regards
Sean Clement
Joomla! Extension Developer - Joomla! Security Experts
https://www.orangehatstudios.com/ - https://www.design-stripe.co.uk/services/web-design/

Return to “Joomla! 3.x”