When I save form data on a Joomla site to the database, Joomla logs me out Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
adrian24
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

When I save form data on a Joomla site to the database, Joomla logs me out

Post by adrian24 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:12 am

Hi,

Sorry for my English,

I have a problem with my Joomla site. I am trying to make a Joomla-based warranty registration system. Recently, I was able to turn on the possibility of registering new users and logging them in. Only registered / logged in users will be able to register the warranty.

Data from the guarantee registration form are to be saved in the database.

However, when I try to register the guarantee with a logged-in user, the website logs me out by itself and nothing is saved to the database.

Why is this happening and what can I do to improve the operation of the website?

http://flex-elektronarzedzia.pl/gwarancje2/

Regards Adrian
Last edited by toivo on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x Coding, URL fixed

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: When I save form data on a Joomla site to the database, Joomla logs me out

Post by sozzled » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Thank you for your question about J! 4. It is good to see that some people are interested in J! 4.

I don't know the answer(s) to your question because I don't know what version of J! you are talking about. It may be an idea to provide us with some detailed information about your testing environment. The Forum Post Assistant tool is an excellent way of providing us with that information. Have you heard about this tool before?

I also don't know whether this forum will be able to help you with J! 4 because, at the moment, J! 4.0 has not been released for "production usage"—it's still in development—and we're only testing thing ourselves at the moment. J! 4.0 today (even for testing) represents less than 1% of all websites built in using the J! CMS. That means that there's a one-in-a-hundred chance that someone may have information who can help you with your specific problem.

However, before we reach any conclusion, I suggest that you read about Forum Post Assistant and use the tool to produce a summary of your testing environment, post that summary here on the forum, and let's see what we can see, hmm?

??? I misread the context of question; I thought the question had been posted in the J! 4-related forum and my response was written within that context. Maybe OP was asking a question about J! 4 or maybe it wasn't? If the question was posted in the J! 4-related forum, maybe it was moved.

UPDATE: On closer examination—actually visiting the website (note: the URL in the OP is broken)—the site uses the Afterburner 2 template (based on Gantry 4). Gantry 4 is somewhat outdated but, according to the developer's website, it looks to be compatible with J! 3.9. This doesn't answer the original question but it helps to clear up the mystery about why I thought the question may have related to J! 4 when it looks like it didn't.

It does, however, demonstrate that people are more interested in coding for J! 3.x and the lack of interest in J! 4. :(
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

adrian24
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adrian24 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 am

How can I edit the website address in my post?

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:03 am

adrian24 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 am
How can I edit the website address in my post?
You can only make changes to something you posted within one (or, maybe, two) hours. After that time you can't change something; only the forum moderators can help you.

Unfortunately, the forum moderators are very busy and they don't read everything that is written here.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

adrian24
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adrian24 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:12 am

Hi,

Thank You for Your answer. Can You help me with my problem with the form? The form was created by me. I noticed that it started to happen when I added the condition that only registered users can see the form.

Why I can't insert data from the form to a database?

Regards Adrian

adrian24
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adrian24 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi,

I solved this problem by my self. I shortened the address in the action attribute to:

Code: Select all

<form action="rejestruj.php" method="post">
Regards Adrian

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”