What's in Joomla! 3.8.2?
Joomla! 3.8.2 addresses three security vulnerabilities and over 90 bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Medium Priority - Core - LDAP Information Disclosure (affecting Joomla! 1.5.0 through 3.8.1) More information »
- Medium Priority - Core - Two-Factor Authentication Bypass (affecting Joomla! 3.2.0 through 3.8.1) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Information Disclosure (affecting Joomla! 3.7.0 through 3.8.1) More information »
- Display subcategories in blog layout only when user has access #18408
- Tags being deleted by any batch action and by drag and drop reordering #18328
- Search Module not displayed on the core templates error page #18375
- Fix unneeded repetitive filesystem access / checks causing performance issue in custom fields #17893
- Fix backend articles manager not listing articles in sub-categories when categories filter is active #18179
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Download Joomla! 3.8.2 English (UK), 3.8.2 Full Package
New installation instructions and technical requirements
Upgrade Packages Joomla! 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Please remember to backup your site before updating and to clear your site, administrator and browser cache after updating.
If you find a bug in Joomla! 3.8.2 please report it on the Joomla! Issue Tracker.
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQs regarding the 3.8.2 release.
A huge Thank You to our volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the Joomla! 3.8 release! Find a list of developers who helped out on the Thank You page.
Thank you also to the 3.8 marketing, imagery and translation teams!
Spread the Joomla! Love
Has Joomla! helped you do your job better, saved you money, allowed you to do more with your web site? You can help others experience the same results and find out about this great Open Source Content Management System by telling others.
Share the news!
Visit the Joomla! 3.8 Landing Page (already available in 30 languages!) to get an overview of the new features, download our a wide range of imagery available for sharing in blog posts, via social media, or in banners on your site. They can be found on the Joomla! 3.8 Imagery page. And if you want to translate them, you can find the source files here.
We would love you to spread the Joomla! love and get the word out to your network.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?
Please feel free to get in touch with the Joomla! Marketing Team ( email@example.com ) for interviews and other content.
Full announcement: https://www.joomla.org/announcements/re ... lease.html
Discuss the release: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=956556