Convert Protostar into joomla 4

Be informed that this forum is not an official support forum for Joomla! 4.0. Any issues regarding Joomla! 4.0 must be reported at https://issues.joomla.org/.

Joomla 4.0 is still in Beta stage. This forum should be used for sharing information about Joomla! 4.0.

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
rashgang
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Convert Protostar into joomla 4

Post by rashgang » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 am

Hi Team,

I am using protostar in my existing site and customized. Should i convert protostar to joomla 4 compatbility template or thinking of using cassiopeia template. How to change cassipeia tempalte as same like protostar template.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected the spelling in the template name - from protostart to Protostar

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Convert protostart into joomla 4

Post by Pavel-ww » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:04 pm

rashgang wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 am
Hi Team,

I am using protostar in my existing site and customized. Should i convert protostar to joomla 4 compatbility template or thinking of using cassiopeia template. How to change cassipeia tempalte as same like protostar template.
Hi. Better think about Cassiopea. Protostar is very outdated. Somewhere on the forum, one of the users created Protostar for J4. But I do not think that of it turned out something good. I would not use it in J4.

How to change? Your question is too general it would have to answer it. Place your site on a test domain, try making changes and ask specific questions.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Convert protostart into joomla 4

Post by AMurray » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:43 pm

pavel-ww wrote: Somewhere on the forum, one of the users created Protostar for J4. But I do not think that of it turned out something good
Judge for yourself, try it on a test site: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=988263 but otherwise, take @Pavel-ww advice to use Cassiopeia.

(Actually this is a reversion; making Cassiopeia *look like* Protostar with same module positions).

I don't know if your customisations will work (or what they involved) - but if it's just CSS, then copy in the CSS code from your existing user.css to the new template's user.css
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “Joomla! 4 Related”