Can't install/update Joomla_4.0.0-alpha11-dev-Development-Full_Package Topic is solved

Be informed that this forum is not an official support forum for Joomla! 4.0. Any issues regarding Joomla! 4.0 must be reported at https://issues.joomla.org/.

Joomla! 4.0 is still in its Alpha stage. This forum should be used for sharing information about Joomla! 4.0.

Moderator: ooffick

GillianBPP
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Can't install/update Joomla_4.0.0-alpha11-dev-Development-Full_Package

Post by GillianBPP » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:44 am

I have had Joomla 4.0 Alpha 10 installed and working as expected.

I have three times attempted to install/update with the Joomla_4.0.0-alpha11-dev-Development-Full_Package.zip.

The first and third times I ended up with a blank white screen and have had to reinstall Alpha 10 from scratch.
The second time I got as far as 63.5% and then had an pop-up error message:

ERROR:
AJAX Loading Error: Forbidden

And it just stuck at 63.5% for 10 minutes before I gave up.

Any ideas? I'm using the correct PHP version.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Can't install/update Joomla_4.0.0-alpha11-dev-Development-Full_Package

Post by imanickam » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Please refer the topic viewtopic.php?f=803&t=972302.

Chacapamac wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:37 pm
Re: Update Alpha 8 to 10 error - A string or Joomla\Uri\UriInterface object must be provided, a "NULL" was provided.Post details Quote Chacapamac
by Chacapamac » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:07 pm

You guys are right Alpha cannot be update only reinstall..
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

GillianBPP
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by GillianBPP » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:44 pm

Hm. What I failed to mention in my original post was that I also tried to update via the 'update' package which was a nightly update for the administrator package only on this page: https://developer.joomla.org/nightly-builds.html

Surely, if there's an 'update' package, as well as a full package, then it should be possible to update it the usual way?

On a side note, if I have to install it manually, do I need to delete everything of the previous version from the domain first?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:08 am

You could try updating with Joomla_4.0.0-alpha11-dev-Development-Update_Package.zip. However, I doubt whether it will work. For me it failed. Since, Joomla! 4.0.0 is in the Alpha stage, I believe that these development update package may work only on the alpha11 development full package. I have not tested this.

GillianBPP wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:44 pm
On a side note, if I have to install it manually, do I need to delete everything of the previous version from the domain first?
Unfortunately, the answer is Yes. The product being in the Alpha stage there would be a lot of moving parts and hence not recommended to develop a site with it. If there are a lot of article, a viable option would be to store the articles in a text document and reusing them to create articles.
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:22 pm

imanickam wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:08 am
believe that these development update package may work only on the alpha11 development full package. I have not tested this.
My belief is correct.

Two days back I created a site by installing/using Joomla_4.0.0-alpha11-dev-Development-Full_Package.zip. Today, I updated the site with Joomla_4.0.0-alpha11-dev-Development-Update_Package.zip using the "Upload & Update" feature. The update was successful.

So, in essence, Joomla! 4.0.0 alpha update package would work only on the site developed using the respective alpha version's development full package.

GillianBPP
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by GillianBPP » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:52 pm

imanickam wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:22 pm

So, in essence, Joomla! 4.0.0 alpha update package would work only on the site developed using the respective alpha version's development full package.
You are quite right. I have just done as you did successfully.

Return to “Joomla! 4 Related”