Different logos for different menus ?

Be informed that this forum is not an official support forum for Joomla! 4.0. Any issues regarding Joomla! 4.0 must be reported at https://issues.joomla.org/.

Joomla! 4.0 is still in its Alpha stage. This forum should be used for sharing information about Joomla! 4.0.

Moderator: ooffick

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Different logos for different menus ?

Post by darb » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:18 am

Hi

I wonder if the new Joomla 4 now can have different logos for different menus (and/or categories) ?

It can be good for make different part of a site better quicker understandable where you want customised logos for different sections of a news site for example
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Different logos for different menus ?

Post by SharkyKZ » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:07 am

Same as in 3.x. Logos are template options. Create different template styles and assign them to menu items.

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by darb » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:41 am

SharkyKZ wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:07 am
Same as in 3.x. Logos are template options. Create different template styles and assign them to menu items.
Thks ShakyKZ for reply and I know I can do that in that way but wonder if there could be another way to solve this in combination with template options.

hmm I think the only way to solve this is to make a customise header template top row with each designed logos linking them to different menus but as you say I need to assign them to separate template for each.

I see and guess that other CMS have smarter solutions doing this.

Imagine. I have +8 different sections of my site where I want to have 8 different (cat) logos for different set up menu modules. I also have 5 different languages in combinations with these logos and menus.

so what that mean is that I have to create 40 different templates for solve this is it? in future this grow and grow..

*** would be nice if you have one standard designed template where you can set is as standard for all languages style but only add different styling ie logos and more to different languages a n d different menus

I think I have to check Regular labs Advance template manager maybe they can do some part of this control but you can not upload anything for any positions etc for different languages and menus there https://www.regularlabs.com/extensions/ ... atemanager
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Template options or modules (which is still ultimately dependent on how the template is coded) are the way to go about this. Trying to create a "smarter" solution just ends up overcomplicating an already too overcomplicated and not user friendly administrative area.

Return to “Joomla! 4 Related”