Simple question: what platform is used to build J! 4? Topic is solved

Be informed that this forum is not an official support forum for Joomla! 4.0. Any issues regarding Joomla! 4.0 must be reported at https://issues.joomla.org/.

Joomla 4.0 is still in Beta stage. This forum should be used for sharing information about Joomla! 4.0.

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
sozzled
I've been banned!

Simple question: what platform is used to build J! 4?

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:00 am

This is an easy question for anyone who knows about the way that the J! CMS is built.

As we all know, all releases in the J! 3.x series are based on the same framework (labelled, somewhat curiously, as the "Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ]"). This information is accessible by going to System » System Information » System Information in the backend.

As I understand things—and I welcome someone correcting me for being wrong—there's a framework and a platform. The framework is like a collection of tools and the platform is something like the packaging of those tools and the whole thing is an API so that people can build new extensions for the CMS. Looking at the framework website and the roadmap there is v1.x (currently in use) and a proposed v2.x (to appear after J! 4 has been released).

So I'm not sure if my question relates to the framework or the "platform". Confused? Don't worry about it; there's a long story behind the re-organisation of the framework/plaftform team(s).

Anyway, more curiously with J! 4, going to System » Information » System Information » System Information in the backend does not display the platform information. ???

So, the simple question is: what platform is used to build J! 4?

By all accounts, looking at the file ../administrator/manifests/library/joomla.xml, it appears that J! 4 still uses the same platform used in J! 3.x.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Simple question: what platform is used to build J! 4?

Post by sozzled » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:27 am

Return to “Joomla! 4 Related”