- The folder icon select menu (top right of the icon on hover) opens with the delete button directly beneath the pointer. Too easy to click again and accidentally select the confirm button. A whole folder full of media and sub-folders gone! That thought led me to ponder trash bins.
- I have a site with 6000 photographs and 10000 files - managed with a custom component. So I wondered how well the Media component scales. To test, I created a folder containing the 1000 photographs from my photoframe. If I select that folder a thin blue line sweeps across the top of the images display area. But nothing happens. Too many images to display?
- There is clear separation of images and files.
- Existing images and files folders are scanned to create a catalogue.
- New images and files uploaded with Media Cat are entered directly into the catalogue.
- The displays are normal Joomla list pages, with sorting, pagination, filtering, etc.
- Click the preview image to view the full image in modal box.
- Select options to get a Share url, Image tag, Picture tag or Figure tag, or do other things.
- Include all images in a sub-tree, not just those in a selected folder (an accident but I like it).
- Provision for sanitizing uploaded SVG images using the well-know sanitizer used for extensions for WordPress and Drupal available on github.
- Uploaded images must use sensible alt tags to create file names. And a caption cum description.
- No need to look up and specify mime types - there is a conversion list available on github. Just use common extensions for configuration.
- File type thumbnails are from another svg library on github. Click to download the file.
- Trash: check for usage, move to a trash folder using a hash?
- Duplicates: look for same file hash.
The Files List Screen