Modify the PHP code in a view

Be informed that this forum is not an official support forum for Joomla! 4.0. Any issues regarding Joomla! 4.0 must be reported at https://issues.joomla.org/.

Joomla 4.0 is still in Beta stage. This forum should be used for sharing information about Joomla! 4.0.

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
danteAligueri
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Modify the PHP code in a view

Post by danteAligueri » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi, i am helping a friend, he have a web site in joomla, he want to modify one page, he want that a radio button instead load a form show a link, i find the right view where he want to do, but when i edit the html and some php code the changes aren’t show in the browser, instead i can see a rubish icon in that file saying remove the personalization, the changes aren’t show in the browser because i need to recompile the code in the server ? How i can do that changes effectives ? Thanks for your time

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Modify the PHP code in a view

Post by ceford » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:25 am

Look up information on overrides. Here is something to start with:

https://docs.joomla.org/How_to_override ... omla!_core

danteAligueri
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by danteAligueri » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:55 pm

Thanks, but i am in a server not in local, and i have the same problem yet, i need to modify the component hikashop, but when i did the change is not
Effective in the html from the browser, when i edit from a module is very easy with the editor and the changes are effective but in the component core isn’t, i believe that i have to update the component in the server or something like that but not sure yet

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:48 pm

Your questions suggest that you don't know much about how Joomla is structured. Have a look at some of the tutorials:

https://docs.joomla.org/JDOC:Joomla_4_Tutorials_Project

And explore the file structure of your Joomla site with a file manager of some sort. Or even better an IDE such as Eclipse.

Your question needs to be more specific - output can be modified with overrides or plugins or custom fields or javascript or ... so just saying you want a radio button to load a form is not a lot to go on.

danteAligueri
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by danteAligueri » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:44 am

Thanks sir, maybe i did’t explain well, i did the override, but joomla is running in a server, not in my machine, so when i do the override, i can’t see any changes on browser, i think i need to update the server with the override, my server is cdmon, thanks

Return to “Joomla! 4 Related”