Migrating from Joomla.com to cloudhosting Topic is solved

Moderator: brad

Forum rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
itsjimmay
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Migrating from Joomla.com to cloudhosting

Post by itsjimmay » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:59 pm

My issue is this:

I received an email to move the contents of my Joomla.com website to the new cloudaccess service. Unfortunately I didn't do this in time and lost everything but there wasn't much to begin with. So, the only thing that was moved at this point is the domain. But when I go to access the URL it says "this domain is reserved, please check your email for migration to cloudaccess.net"

I guess my question is, how do I remove this page and point it to my home page so that I can start working on the website?
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x to joomla.com - Feedback/Information

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Migrating from Joomla.com to cloudhosting

Post by AMurray » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:26 am

I would suggest, that if you have a launch.joomla.org account you log into the Cloud Access control panel you should have access to (link in the 'welcome email' (?) and then get into the Joomla administrator from there.

I don't understand the question about pointing your domain to your site......the free site doesn't allow full domains. I don't suppose it stops you registering a domain with a registrar and pointing it to your 'launch' site, but that's not part of of the free site setup.

I would guess though you to point the domain to your cloud access site, you would need to change the domain name server(s) (DNS) to point to cloud access instead of (I assume) Siteground (where joomla.com was previously hosted).

This would be done through the domain registrar you registered the domain with. They should have a domain management utility in their website, so you just update the DNS to Cloud Access.

Can you clarify what you want to achieve (in case the above misses the point of your question).?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

itsjimmay
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Migrating from Joomla.com to cloudhosting

Post by itsjimmay » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:51 am

Nevermind I figured out what I was trying to do. Apologies.

Return to “joomla.com - Feedback/Information”