Invalid domain error on launch.joomla.org

Sparkadelic
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Invalid domain error on launch.joomla.org

Post by Sparkadelic » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:33 am

I'm trying to create a new joomla instance to use as a sandbox on launch.joomla.org. No matter what info I enter in the Site Name field, the registration process returns "Please enter valid domain name!" for the Site Name field. I've entered domains I own, and some I just made up to see if they would work. Examples: mellomundo, mellomundo.com, mellosandbox, mellomundosandbox, etc. Everything is rejected.

I can't find any info on the CloudAccess site about what would be considered a valid domain name. Where can I find acceptable parameters for this field?
Last edited by imanickam on Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from Installation Joomla! 3.x to joomla.com - Feedback/Information

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Invalid domain error on launch.joomla.org

Post by AMurray » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:24 am

All you need to enter is the first part of the subdomain, such as "melon" which will create "melon.joomla.com". You can't use a full domain with the free Launch website.

A couple of reasons I can see for the rejection of those names, is they are already in use, or you're not putting them in the format expected (as mentioned above, just put in the name of the site "melon" not Melon.com etc).
launch.joomla.org wrote:....The only limitations are 500MB of disk space, subdomain usage.....but you can upgrade to remove the first two limitations starting at only $5/mo.
You can ask the question of CloudAccess's support, I think they provide help for the free accounts.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

Sparkadelic
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Sparkadelic » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks for response. I did try several names without extensions before adding .com to see if that could be the problem. All were rejected, and I'm a bit skeptical that all could already be in use - and even if that were the case, would the site not return a different error? Something like "domain already in use"? In any case, thanks again for response - I'll try and track down CloudAccess support.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Try
qwerty9876123
See if that works
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein.

Return to “joomla.com - Feedback/Information”