Account validation

fsperoni
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Account validation

Post by fsperoni » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:27 pm

Hello folks,

I just created an account with Joomla to start working on a school project, and I got stuck with a modal for account validation. I do not receive the SMS for validation. I tried to use another cellphone number, still no luck. Would anyone have any suggestions, please? I can't open a ticket because the modal won't let me click on the support menu option.

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_YYckM ... sp=sharing

Thank you,
fsperoni
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 4.x to joomla.com - Feedback/Information

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Account validation

Post by imanickam » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:33 pm

Welcome to the Joomla! Forum.

Did you use the site https://launch.joomla.org/? Also, did you try to create a website with the url your-website-name.joomla.com?

If the answers to the question is Yes, please get in touch with CloudAccess.net that hosts the websites that are created with joomla.com.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:31 pm

I don't recall the validation thing. Unless things have changed in the last month (which was the last time I signed up for a launch.joomla.org account), I didn't have to do any sort of validation - email, phone or otherwise. (Don't even recall having to do the 'click this link to validate your email' method).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:07 pm

Just created a new joomla.com site through https://launch.joomla.org and set up the login using an email address. CloudAccess.net sent an email with the subject "Your Cloud Control Panel Login Information" and the text "If you opened this account with a Free Site you will first need to verify your email address. To do so please look for a „CloudAccess.net New Account Verification” message in your inbox and click the link inside it. This will activate your account and allow you to use the details below to access it."

However, no second email is received. When the button 'Login Now' is clicked in the email, the CloudControl Panel is displayed with the modal:
verify-your-account.jpg

The mobile number I entered is correct but it does not receive any SMS message. The Resend option produces the message the OP received:
cannot-send-verification-token.jpg
It is possible that the SMS service provider used by CloudAccess.net has simply excluded some countries like Australia, or the new verification process has not been fully implemented.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “joomla.com - Feedback/Information”