Reinstall Site from Scratch?

BeardieBurrito
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Reinstall Site from Scratch?

Post by BeardieBurrito » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:47 am

Hi team, how can I reinstall Joomla and JomSocial from scratch? There's no Joomla System Config FTP options anywhere, so how can I get access to FTP to do this? I have the original installation files for both. Thanks.
Last edited by toivo on Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 4.x Installation

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Reinstall Site from Scratch?

Post by toivo » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:01 am

Do you have access to the cPanel or a similar page, provided by your host? The cPanel has usually something called File Manager, using which you can download and upload files.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

BeardieBurrito
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by BeardieBurrito » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:38 am

toivo wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:01 am
Do you have access to the cPanel or a similar page, provided by your host? The cPanel has usually something called File Manager, using which you can download and upload files.
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I registered on joomla.com and paid for the basic JoomSocial plugin. We have the Akeeba backup files now of the entire site and DB but we can't upload Akeeba Kickstart via any means because it can never detect the manifest file. I've unblocked the archive in Windows File Explorer. Not sure how to access cPanel or its equivalent or FTP.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:49 am

BeardieBurrito wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:38 am
we can't upload Akeeba Kickstart via any means because it can never detect the manifest file.
Kickstart is not a Joomla extension. It needs to be transferred into an empty folder, together with the .jpa or .zip backup files.

Here is Akeeba's documentation: Using Kickstart - Preparing for the extraction

BeardieBurrito wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:38 am
I've unblocked the archive in Windows File Explorer. Not sure how to access cPanel or its equivalent or FTP.
launch.joomla.org or joomla.com has its own Cloud Control Panel (CCP). That has all the facilities to manage the website. If there are any problems, please contact CloudAccess.net directly.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “joomla.com - Feedback/Information”