Joomla! Launch not completing website Topic is solved

lwm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla! Launch not completing website

Post by lwm » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:50 pm

I tried to create a website using launch.joomla.org (I used an appropriate subdomain so no error there). After I click the register manually link (and fill it in) I click the "Register" button. I get a pop up that says "Unlock Premium Features". If I click "not now" the screen disappears and the message "Bending spoons" or "Queuing up the servers" or "Paying the Admin team" briefly appears then I am back to the "Launch your site" page. No email comes or is attempted (I watched my server logs).

If I wait until the Premium Features times out, same result.

How can I create the free test site?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla! Launch not completing website

Post by AMurray » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:59 am

I don't see any of those things that you have mentioned. The site created itself and done in about 2 minutes.

I did see the premium features pop-up but the manual sign-up worked for me, probably because I had an existing account but just no existing free sites on the platform, so I just created a new sub-domain, as that screen asked, and it logged me into the cloudaccess CCP and set up the site in about 2 minutes.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

lwm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lwm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Tried it again just now... Same result. What account did you set up first? I assumed (because it does not say otherwise) that the Launch! site creates the backend accounts.
Screenshot from 2020-10-20 10-48-04.png
After this message I get returned to the Launch! page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lwm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lwm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:01 pm

I was able to get a completed site finally! The only difference from the last 20 + tries was to click the "Get it now" link on the premium popup. Then refresh the page and resubmit the request and this time click the "Not now" link in the popup. Something is wrong with the "Not now" link on the popup.

Return to “joomla.com - Feedback/Information”