cannot set up administrator account

JmommyWEB
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

cannot set up administrator account

Post by JmommyWEB » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:01 pm

I have my domain hosted through another site/hosting company. I have my template purchased through a separate site. My website is not yet built, and I am trying to build it initially on cop.cloudaccess.net...the free version of Joomla launch.

The problem is I launched my domain.joomla.com and was able to access the Joomla panel (finally). I used my Google information to log in (through the button) and it let me. But I exited out and now when I try to log in or create an account it tells me an administrator account has not been set up yet, only a superuser account, and I cannot log in with a super user account. I am the sole holder of the domain...why would it not allow me to create an administrator account? I don't want to transfer over my hosting or domain yet, just simply want to be able to build my site before launching.
Last edited by toivo on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x Administration

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: cannot set up administrator account

Post by toivo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:01 pm

JmommyWEB wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:01 pm
I am trying to build it initially on cop.cloudaccess.net...the free version of Joomla launch.
That is the Cloud Control Panel (CCP) at https://ccp.cloudaccess.net/clientarea.php, where you can log in with your credentials from Facebook, Google or Twitter.

JmommyWEB wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:01 pm
it tells me an administrator account has not been set up yet, only a super user account
The Super User account is all you need initially because it is the all-powerful admin account with full permissions to every item in the back end of Joomla.

If you lost your password and you still have access to the CCP, reset the super user password or create a new user by following the instructions in the tutorial How do you recover or reset your admin password?

The CCP may also offer an option to reset the super user account, but I can only confirm after I receive the activation email for a new free account. It has been a while since my last free launch.joomla.org account.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: cannot set up administrator account

Post by toivo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:55 am

Go to CCP and select the free website, then click Application - Toolkit to get to the page Application Toolkit. Click 'Admin Password', fill in New Password and Confirm Password, then press Update. That will change the password of the Super User with the username assigned by CloudAccess.net.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “joomla.com - Feedback/Information”