bug frontend-server

This Forum board is about discussions about the FPA tool.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

bug frontend-server

Post by mandville » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:08 am

The FPA (Forum Post Assistant) Project are looking for volunteers to test a bug-fix (no prodding, poking or jabs required and no pain involved)...

Does your site run behind a frontend-server?

and use SSL, either at the localhost, at the frontend-server or both. (nginx Reverse-Proxy, Cloud Load-Balanced, CDN, Varnish Caching Server or similar)

We've had an issue brought to our attention where the FPA potentially causes a "500" server error following a "too many redirects" message in some configurations where a frontend-server is involved.

We have a proposed solution!

But it needs testing across these configurations and we do not have the physical resources available within the team to confirm the bug-fix in all configurations.

How To Test: Download the development branch of the FPA from the Github "loopProtection" branch ( https://github.com/ForumPostAssistant/F ... Protection ) and simply run it against your site ( FPA Documentation can be found at : https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ )

Tell Us What Happened: If the FPA runs fine and informs you that you are behind a frontend-server without looping, or if the FPA loops, let us know your results at #108 describing your configuration and frontend-server type.

HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

amreeta
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: bug frontend-server

Post by amreeta » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:36 pm

I ran it on my server (site name) and it didnt gave me any error.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Forum Post Assistant (FPA)”