500 - behavior::tooltip not found. Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
southga1974
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

500 - behavior::tooltip not found.

Post by southga1974 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:05 pm

I just started using Joomla 4 and when I try to view my website, I see "500 - behavior::tooltip not found." What does this mean? How can I fix it?

I've checked to make sure the main menu is active and I have a template active.
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 4.x to Extensions for Joomla! 4.x

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: 500 - behavior::tooltip not found.

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:35 pm

That function does not exist in J4. You have an extension or template that are code for J3.

maestromasada
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by maestromasada » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:38 am

Hello! I'm having the same issue
The only template I have is Cassiopeia, how do I found out the J3 extension that is causing this 500 error message?
Thank you!

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:48 am

Set Error Reporting to 'maximum' and enable Debug in Global Configuration.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:18 am

southga1974 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:05 pm
I just started using Joomla 4 and when I try to view my website, I see "500 - behavior::tooltip not found." What does this mean? How can I fix it?
As I wrote in another topic:
sozzled wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:21 am
We know that messages that include the words "behavior.something" are related to Mootools (see https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Javascript_Frameworks) ...

... the error message is [probably] generated by a J! 3.x (or even J! 2.5) extension installed on the OP's website.
There is an ongoing forum discussion about this problem that is still going on one year after it started: viewtopic.php?f=715&t=989407.

As @Per says, enable J! debug mode and set the error reporting level to "maximum", get the stack trace, and see the source of the problem.

maestromasada
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by maestromasada » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:21 am

Wow, after enabling Debug with maximum logging I've got the following "Call Stack" just underneath the 500 error message, it doesn't seem to be pointing to a specific extension or module or something that I can remove

1 () JROOT\libraries\src\HTML\HTMLHelper.php:139
2 Joomla\CMS\HTML\HTMLHelper::_() JROOT\administrator\modules\mod_jhrecentlyedited\tmpl\default.php:12
3 require() JROOT\administrator\modules\mod_jhrecentlyedited\mod_jhrecentlyedited.php:17
4 include() JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher.php:52
5 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher.php:55
6 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT\libraries\src\Helper\ModuleHelper.php:281
7 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderRawModule() JROOT\libraries\src\Helper\ModuleHelper.php:161
8 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderModule() JROOT\administrator\components\com_cpanel\tmpl\cpanel\default.php:61
9 include() JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\View\HtmlView.php:410
10 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate() JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\View\HtmlView.php:203
11 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display() JROOT\administrator\components\com_cpanel\src\View\Cpanel\HtmlView.php:156
12 Joomla\Component\Cpanel\Administrator\View\Cpanel\HtmlView->display() JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:639
13 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT\administrator\components\com_cpanel\src\Controller\DisplayController.php:56
14 Joomla\Component\Cpanel\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display() JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:672
15 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher.php:143
16 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT\libraries\src\Component\ComponentHelper.php:355
17 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT\libraries\src\Application\AdministratorApplication.php:143
18 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT\libraries\src\Application\AdministratorApplication.php:186
19 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php:294
20 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT\administrator\includes\app.php:61
21 require_once() JROOT\administrator\index.php:32

Thank you for your help so far!
Maybe a future update on Joomla 4 will fix this issue?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:24 am

Uninstall the module JH Recently Edited; that's your problem. ;)

maestromasada
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by maestromasada » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:39 am

Sozzled...you're a genius!! That worked! :)
Thank you so much

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”