Need help whit Joomla on UNRAID

General questions relating to Joomla! 4.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
blue8lucian
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Need help whit Joomla on UNRAID

Post by blue8lucian » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:28 pm

Hello community. This is my first post here. I need some help whit my UNRAID - NAS. I use UNRAID 6.10.0-rc4 and docker: version 20.10.13. I've installed the official Joomla 4 docker container in UNRAID and I have some problems:
- every time the docker is updating I have to reconfigure the Joomla site, the user name, the data base. The update is erasing everything;
- where I can find the parental folder, the docker is not installing in the app folder in UNRAID.

Thank you

doknownothing
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Need help whit Joomla on UNRAID

Post by doknownothing » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:07 pm

Hi there,

I don't have Unraid but I am using also a docker/container version in my Qnap (NAS). I don't use a Joomla docker but I do use a docker Webserver, docker Php and a MariaDB docker version. If you just use a Joomla docker without using a volume setting in your docker configuration then you will always deleting everything. The solution is your case to setup a volume in your docker settings for Joomla. I would suggest to install a docker webserver which has MariaDB and PHP included. This way you don't facing this kind of issues.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 4.x”