Afterupdate 4.2.2 duplicate buttons Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 4.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Afterupdate 4.2.2 duplicate buttons

Post by pvh123 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:37 am

After updating to version 4.2.2, I get duplicate buttons at the top of the backend page.
Button duplication 4.2.2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Note: Sending me private messages for personal support, without this been requested, would lead to ignoring any of your posts in future!

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Afterupdate 4.2.2 duplicate buttons

Post by AMurray » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 am

I'm not seeing such a problem (illustrated, my site below).

Do the buttons go away if go into the Post Install Messages screen and read/hide those messages? (Those buttons shouldn't remain there permanently if you have read/hidden the messages. See if that works; read / hide all 11 messages as your site indicates; then unhide them again, does it come back with the duplicate buttons?

Curious, my site differs from your example by the the left button on my site being the direct link to the front-end live site URL, then the Post Install Message button then the User menu for the Administrator.
J40admin_buttons_post-install-msgs.png
Did the problem occur with previous J4.x versions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards - A Murray

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:04 am

Fantastic Amurray. Hide and reset the Post installation messages and the button was gone.
But I still have two Site name and "User menu" buttons (?????).
Note: Sending me private messages for personal support, without this been requested, would lead to ignoring any of your posts in future!

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:28 am

This is easy! I can do this too (and I can jumble the order of these "buttons"):
j4_jumbledTop.png
Wanna see how?

First of all, for some strange reason, some rows in one of the database tables have been duplicated (that's what caused the problem in the first place). To simulate the issue, I went to the Modules (Adminstrator) panel and created a duplicate of the Post-Installation Messages module and assigned it to the status template position.

If you look at the following screenshot, you will see (a) the duplicated item and (b) I've simply re-ordered the items which explains why @AMurray has the "button" for the frontend in front of the "button" for the post installation messages.
j4_moduleManager_administrator.png
Neat trick, huh? ;)
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?”
Walking the talk: https://j4xdemo.enduring.com.au
:)

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:40 am

Thanks sozzled.
So what you are saying by being able to move things around, I should also be able to delete one of the duplicated items in Modules (Administrator) panel to solve the problem?

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:52 am

What I'm saying is that you have duplicated items. Delete/trash the duplicates using the Module Manager.

Optionally, you can move things around, too, if that's what you want.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?”
Walking the talk: https://j4xdemo.enduring.com.au
:)

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:55 am

Thanks sozzled. I will delete the duplicates so to get a "neat" page again.. ;-)

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:01 am

@Moderator close this post as solved

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 4.x”