500 error after restoration joomla 4 website Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 4.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: 500 error after restoration joomla 4 website

Post by darb » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:15 am

Can you explain this in more detail? I have a htaccess.txt.
What I mean is that you only just disable htaccess and Joomla SEF settings not using it when testing/update etc then you know its nothing coming from 500 error from htaccess problems.

by JasnaSontag » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:08 pm
I use Helixultimate and Akeeba backup which I restore in WAMP. Every time I must delete from .htacess redirections first. Also, before making backup online first I unforce https in Global configuration.

Frankiej
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Frankiej » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:47 pm

I am currently busy with work. I'll start with the responses next weekend. Thanks for the responses so far.

Frankiej
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Frankiej » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:18 pm

This morning I did some testing and trying to eliminate things. Also put akeeba on zip so I could view the backup in windows explorer.
In addition, I discovered that in the backups that did not work, the administrator folder was empty. They were also much smaller in size.
Made a few more backups and installed with kickstart on new subdomains each time. The "empty" backups gave the 500 error, the others worked fine.
I don't know what exactly went wrong all this time, but I do know now that I have to check the backup file after it has been created.
Anyway, I succeeded in replacing the old site at one.com with a current and up to date joomla4 version.

Thanks everyone for thinking along!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 4.x”