by Frankiej » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:18 pm
This morning I did some testing and trying to eliminate things. Also put akeeba on zip so I could view the backup in windows explorer.
In addition, I discovered that in the backups that did not work, the administrator folder was empty. They were also much smaller in size.
Made a few more backups and installed with kickstart on new subdomains each time. The "empty" backups gave the 500 error, the others worked fine.
I don't know what exactly went wrong all this time, but I do know now that I have to check the backup file after it has been created.
Anyway, I succeeded in replacing the old site at one.com with a current and up to date joomla4 version.
Thanks everyone for thinking along!