Joomla Newbie question

General questions relating to Joomla! 4.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
martynk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Newbie question

Post by martynk » Thu May 23, 2024 8:42 pm

Hi

My first post.

I have a website setup and have a problem with the way that information is being displayed. I have spent a few days and I just seem to be going round in circles.

This is a citizen science website. It has menu heading across the menu bar, each menu heading opens up a series of 2nd level menus in side bar left, conditional on which menu bar entry has been selected. A matching set of sub categories is then used to host the individual articles.

What I want is to click on a 2nd level menu - and in the left sidebar, the subcategories for that 2nd level menu to be displayed. What actually happens is that the subcategories are displayed in the 'main' pane which suppresses the top level articles.
Joomla1.jpg
Really struggling to understand how to suppress this or whether its even possible.

Thanks for reading this far.

Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martynk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla Newbie question

Post by martynk » Thu May 23, 2024 8:49 pm

Apologies,

I appear to have created 4 posts. Not sure how, if a mod/admin will forgive me, please delete the other 3 posts..

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla Newbie question

Post by AMurray » Thu May 23, 2024 9:37 pm

other posts have been deleted.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 4.x”